Saturday, November 12, 2011

Our busiest month- July:)

Indepence Day!

On the 4th of July we got up as always and went to the Freedom Parade down in Provo. It was great! Normally we save the seats and this year we didn't have to. Our seats were a lot better and our kids loved it!! They are at the perfect age for parades. They get so excited and have a blast. It is always fun seeing extended family as well. My second cousins are always there and it's always fun to see everybody's ever extending families.

After the parade we came home, and Josh took the kids on the scooter one last time. We sold it which made Lleyton sad. We knew he would be starting pre-school soon and would need the room. Plus Josh didn't drive it all that much. How happy do they look:)


We also did fireworks that night. This year was great since they made the big fireworks that go off in the sky legal. We had a firework show from every angle plus ours. It was awesome. It started to sprinkle to. But I love the rain and it wasn't enough to be annoying. Here are the boys and my Dad with the fireworks. Last year Lleyton was so afraid of them. This year they were both really into it.



Getting ready for the show.




Our Anniversary-

July 7, 2006

Our Anniversary was amazing this year!! My hubby really, really, surprised me.

I knew he had school the night of our anniversary and I was really bummed. Josh has had perfect attendance which is really important to him, so I was sure he wouldn't miss. I had asked him if he would think about it though. Pretty much on all of our anniversaries I have been pregnant or had a baby to hurry home too. We have never really gone all out. We go to dinner and then come home. I was sure we weren't doing anything. I got home fro work and Josh left to school. His mom was there because it was a Thursday and she usually comes and plays with the kids on Thursdays. Nothing out of the ordinary. A little bit after he left I had a customer with issues. I was on my phone with our engineer when I heard the door bell ring. Josh's Mom has a bad hip so I didn't want to make her go down and open it. I went down the stairs while still on the phone thinking it would be a salesman and I could just tell him it's not a good time, or someone passing out a flyer I could just take. As I went down the stairs I see Josh on one knee with Roses and a paper. I was on the phone so I couldn't just stand there and take in the moment. I tried to wrap it up and say I would call him back. Kind of ruined the moment:) Josh gave me the flowers and read me a poem. I give him such a hard time, when we were engaged he was so romantic and thoughtful. The second we got married I swear he lost all emotion and romance. This was a huge deal I haven't seen him be mushy since we were engaged. Usually if he gets me flowers he doesn't even feel out the card. Haha. I was shocked to say the least. He was all dressed up and so sweet. He gave me the flowers and then told me to hurry because we needed to leave.

As soon as we got in the car I was still getting business calls. I finally asked my engineer who is a good friend if he could handle the situation because it was my anniversary. He said yes and told me to turn my phone off. (That is really hard for me to do). We drove up to Salt Lake and had dinner at The Roof. Josh called ahead of time and reserved us a table right in front of the temple. I wish we had our camera (we did take one with Josh's phone) it was beautiful. There were more flowers on our table. He went all out. The food was amazing!! I did not expect it to be so good. To say the least it was wonderful and a huge surprise. As soon as we got to the car I turned on my phone, there was a message that said- everything is fine, if you are looking at this you have failed, you were not supposed to look at your phone! I started laughing. Josh just shook his head at me.


Sooo thankful for my husband. We have hit 5 years, wahoo! We love each other tremendously, our biggest challenge is that we are alike. Both driven, stubborn, and definitely Type A personalities. It's taught us both to give in and compromise. Josh is the most loyal person I know. He is the most hard working person I know. He is, I dare say, the most selfless person I know. He is very funny and sarcastic. It took me a bit to tell when he was teasing. I grew up in a house with no sarcasm. Anywho, I am a lucky girl and glad I married such a great guy.


Above are my flowers and poem.




July 12th is Josh's b-day. This year was his 30th and sadly this year he had school. We'll have to go all out next year. We did dinner but nothing too crazy. Here is the sign that the boys had fun making for him.


Rhyder's Birthday was July 31st but I'm going to do a separate post for his and Lleyton's b-days. One crazy expensive month I tell ya:)



No comments: