Thursday, August 21, 2008

Vaccinations ... yes or no?

So this is kind of a touchy subject with a lot of people. When Lleyton was born in the hospital they told me he had to have his Hep B shot. I realized later after talking to my sister and some other people that you still have the choice. If you choose not to you can sign an exempt form for your child. I was kind of upset because I did not see the reason for making him have the shot as a newborn. The only way you can get Hep B is by doing drugs, having sex, etc. Basically you can catch it the same way you can catch aids. Anyways Josh and I have had quite a few talks about whether or not to immunize Lleyton. He is more Pro and I am more anti. I told him I wanted to do some more research before deciding. Of course when discussing it with my Pediatrician he gave me all the pro info on vaccines, I wanted hard evidence and his information did not provide that. I decided to try a different pediatrician when Lleyton got sick and they wouldn't accept him as a patient because he was not immunized. I had a hard time with that. I totally believe in choice and having the right to choose what goes into your body and that of your little ones. So right now I am trying to find a "Green Pediatrician". I was watching the 'View' the other morning and they were talking about vaccines and the lady they had on the show was supporting a different more natural approach. A lot of what I have been hearing lately hasn't supported vaccinating. I was on the internet tonight trying to find a "Green Ped" for Lleyton and ran into this article. I think everyone should read it. It shows cold hard facts. I feel like Drs don't show any research in support or against it, they just say your child needs to have this so they don't get this . I want actual facts. Anyways I found this website and thought maybe some of the other mothers out there I having the same thoughts and questions as I. I found this article to be enlightening. They're always both sides to the story ... http://www.lightparty.com/Health/HealingRegeneration/html/VaccinationIsNO
TImmunizati.html

No comments: