Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Virginia Trip

We've been in Virginia for the last week or so to see Josh's family. It was good to see everyone. We were also able to celebrate Lleyton's birthday while we were out there. We will hopefully have a second party with the rest of the fam in Utah. I am really sad because my camera battery died and I forgot my memory card so I was not able to take very many pictures. Unfortunately our visit to Aunt Harriet and Uncle Larry's was after our battery died. I am really sad, we had a blast at your home. Your family is so welcoming and warm. We will have to spend more time with you guys next time we come out. We were also able to visit Josh's friend Cody and his girlfriend 'Put'. Josh spent a lot of time with him while on the tennis team at SU. Lleyton loved Cody, I didn't think anyone was a bigger kid at heart than Josh but Cody proved me wrong. Thank you to Josh's Dad and wife Joanie for letting us crash at your place while we were out there. We enjoyed Joanie's good cooking it inspired me to cook when I got home actually.

Here are some photos from our trip ... there are quite a few so I hope you like pictures. Maybe it is a good thing my battery died ... well maybe not.

Below is a picture of Josh and Lleyton after church just before his B-day party. Josh's family had blown up a whole bunch of balloons he loved them. Can't you tell by the expression on his face ... ha ha. But I promise he really did like them.
The birthday pinata. You pull the strings and the candy falls out of the butt.
Moments before my camera died. I will be posting more once Joanie sends them to me. Lleyton was really funny, instead of blowing out the candle he tried to put it out with his fingers. Josh had to hurry and blow it out. It was a close call.
The yummy birthday cake. This is partially where I gained the five pounds on the trip. This was also the first time Lleyton had cake and everyone was hoping he would make a mess, but he doesn't like to be dirty. Hhhmmm I wonder where he gets that from.
Mommy and Lleyton at Josh's grandparents house on the swing.
Josh's grandma Maggie, Lleyton and Josh. Quite the crew aye.
Maggie, Josh, and Lleyton on the front porch. They have this really cool old plantation home that is hundreds of years old. I should've gotten a better picture. They have a long driveway lined with trees that leads up to the house it is really pretty. In the basement there is a cellar and a huge rock that they had to build the home on because back then they didn't have the equipment to remove it back in the day. It is huge!
Josh, Lleyton, and Grandpa Coleman. Grandpa recently suffered a severe stroke. So he is in a rehabilitation resthome recovering. It was funny to see him with Lleyton, he would bark at Lleyton and sing him songs. He also proved to be a character. He would spank the nurses on the rear, (which is very not like him) and he even lifted a cheek in therapy and farted on his therapists. This is only funny because if you had known him before his strokes this is something he would've never done. He was a very polite man.
Josh and Grandpa fighting each other. Notice Maggie trying to make him stop. Lol. She is the one person I've met who is bossier and more worried about things than I am. She is so sweet and funny.
Overall the trip was a lot of fun. Lleyton was pretty good on the airplanes. On the way back we had a 2 hour delay which wasn't fun, especially since I am weaning Lleyton and needed to pump. We are now home and I am weaning him which has been a challenge. I've had masstitis on both sides. I had it in Virginia and was able to get rid of it. But the fun has begun all over again at home. Yay, not really. Lleyton is not happy about the change and has not been going to sleep well or staying asleep well even if I feed him really well before bed. If you have any suggestions let me know. Anyways, that was a little off track of the subject. We had a lot of fun and we were so happy to introduce our little Lleyton to Josh's side for the first time.

No comments: